Your biochemical uniqueness is the starting point for any consultation. This is shaped by a myriad of factors, beginning with your genetics and further affected by your exposures and experiences from pre-birth to adulthood.
I use a collaborative approach with clients to produce Nutritional treatment plans that are personalised and evidence-based from a functional medicine model. This scientific yet holistic approach recognises the interconnected contribution of our genetic background, living environment, lifestyle, diet and emotional state in relation to our health and wellbeing.
I help people with a wide range of health and wellness related issues (from stress-induced conditions to chronic health concerns, including hormone imbalances, digestive issues, food sensitivities, reproductive health and hair loss) with a particular specialism in fertility.
Upon booking your initial consultation, I will email you a nutrition questionnaire (including terms of engagement) and a 3-day food dairy to complete and send back to me prior to the appointment, if possible. During this initial consultation we look at all aspects of your life (including your diet and lifestyle), to start building a picture regarding any underlying factors that may be at the root of your concern(s). I work with testing lab’s used by doctors and may recommend laboratory tests* where required to investigate any biochemical imbalances (e.g. nutritional deficiencies, imbalanced gut bacteria, hormone imbalances, food allergies and sensitivities etc.) that may be a factor.
During this first visit you will be given some initial recommendations on how to start your programme. These may involve some dietary and lifestyle modifications that are realistic for you. At this stage, I may also recommend some nutritional supplementation if appropriate.
At the follow-up consultation(s) we will discuss your specific nutrition plan further, to reflect any test results and nutritional supplements may also be recommended and/or modified.
The number of follow-up consultations required depends upon the complexity of your health concern and how you respond to the specific nutritional programme. It’s important to be mindful of the fact that changing long-standing habits is a process that can be difficult, requires patience and perseverance!
I can also make home visits if required and following the initial face-to-face consultation, can provide follow-ups via SKYPE or on the telephone, if distance is a restriction for you.
* Nutritional therapy does not diagnose medical conditions. If you are without a diagnosis for your particular health concern, you may first wish to consult your GP before seeking treatment options. The laboratory testing we use is non-diagnostic, focusing instead on imbalances that may be contributing to your symptoms.
- 1st consultation 60-90 mins £130.00
- Follow up consultations 45-60 mins £90.00
- Telephone and Skype Consultations pro rata as per consultation
- Email information requests in between consults – if emails require more than 15 mins attention they will be charged pro rata. This includes regular requests for additional information via email between consultations
I practice in Central London from the University of Westminster Polyclinic and in North London.
To book an appointment please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 07976 535 675